Hopefully by now, we’ve all spent a long, lazy Sunday afternoon plucking plates of har gow and char siu bao off passing carts or picking at kibbeh and falafel between heady drags off the hookah, or chasing patatas bravas and gambas al ajillo with sunny sweet sangria.
Hopefully you have, because that date that we’ve long anticipated (and I’m not talking about bacon-wrapped and roasted), Monday, February 27, 2006 is almost upon us. It’s Dine & Dish no. 6, Amazing Graze. It’s your date with a small plate.
I’ve already made my way through an ume-shu-induced haze of a culinary fashion show of skewer after skewer sashaying down the catwalk baring their (chicken) thighs and (pork) bellies at Shin Sen Gumi, and since I’m going through what we’ll just call a “lifestyle change” this month, there might be a few more small-plated meals. Then again, small plates with small portions are rendered utterly useless when you have seven plates. For yourself. ;)
In case it doesn’t ring any bells, Dine & Dish is an online food blogger event in which bloggers take a month (or more or less depending on how cranky I am) to dine out. Then on a given day, everyone posts their experiences on their blogs, and shortly thereafter, a deliciously juicy dishing session of everyone’s adventures gets posted here.
There are no hard and fast rules for Dine and Dish here – just fun and food, but just in case there is someone who likes to have guidelines:
1. Interpret the theme as you wish – AMAZING GRAZE
2. Go eat any time betwixt now and Monday, February 27, 2006
3. Write about it on your blog anytime on or before the 27th.
4. Email me the link (Please don’t forget to email…this is the only way I can keep track. Email! Email!)
5. I will put a nice, neat little summary of all the experiences, linking out to everyone else’s posts on Wednesday, March 1st (or a teeny bit later if I get lazy).
Don’t get your pretty little apron’s strings all tied up knots if you’re still making reservations. I’m in LA, so it’s definitely okay to be fashionably late. ;)